Friday, April 3, 2009

Juicy, fruity, and twice the flavor!

With this project being for a breakdancing event, I immediately told myself, "dont hiphopify it!" I could have drawn graffiti letters with drips, clouds and a guy in adidas doing a headspin, but I really just wanted to something simple and bright.
The character breaking out of the "O" and the phrase "For the Gusto are from a movie called CB4, which stars Chris Rock. The character can't make it as a rapper and end up getting tangled in gangster rap trying to make money.
A friend of mine who organized the event came up with the idea, which i liked. Somehow his idea and mine crashed into this...







It doesnt make a whole lot of sense, and maybe someone spraypainting while doing the moonwalk would have been a better idea. I think people would have associated it more with this type of event. I guess this works, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment